Friday, February 3, 2012

Rested but still HURTIN'!

Today was supposed to be a light workout day since yesterday I worked on power movements.  The hubby assigned me to a light jog.  His words: "You wanna get strong go for a light, slow jog. You wanna get fit, go for a harder jog."

What if I want to get strong AND fit?  His answer: Light Jog.  Not too bad, I thought.  So after teaching wild and crazy first graders all day long, I figured I'd go for a nice leisure jog around the neighborhood before picking the kids up.  One word:  OUCH!

My legs were still pretty stiff from yesterday and as I started my jog, light and slow felt a lot like hard and fast!  But I couldn't go any slower!  After the first 6 minutes my legs began to loosen and the last leg was a lot better.  Jogged the entire length of Hind Drive and back to my car in 20 minutes.  Not too bad. 

However, after picking up the kids, I could barely walk down the 18 steps to my house.  Definitely up for a rest this weekend.  But it was awesome.  I worked hard and I can't wait to start feeling the results.  =)

Today's Meals:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 mushroom, 1 slice cheddar cheese, salsa on top
Snack: 1 cutie, 1 string cheese
Lunch: Leftover dinner from yesterday. (Kalua pig, cabbange & other stuff)
Dinner: Yummy, yummy italian sausage with mushrooms, onions, tomato sauce & italian seasonings. (Pics to come.)

Workout:
"light" jog - 20 minutes, flat, road.

Be Inspired!
I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment